We are in the process of helping game studios port their games to Trail. We favour quality over quantity; selecting games based on their gameplay, graphics and overall quality that we believe will be great gaming experiences for our users.
As a game developer at Trail you will work mainly with this porting process, both when we port the games ourselves as well as helping game studios when they do it themselves. And since we are still a small and ambitious team, going forwards there will be many opportunities to grow with the company as well.
We are currently targeting mostly Unity games but we plan to expand to other game engines (Unreal, etc) as soon as possible. Regarding our tech stack, we work with C++, Go, Typescript, React, Kubernetes, istio, gRPC, Emscripten, WebAssembly and WebGL among others.
- Evaluate the portability of games from a technical point of view.
- Modify and tweak games as necessary so that they can run on WebGL.
- Integrate the Trail SDK into the games and prepare them to be file streamed.
- Discover, analyse and fix performance bottlenecks in games.
- Communicate and work with developers from different game studios.
- Professional experience as a Unity developer.
- A solid understanding of games engines and skilled at performance optimisation.
- Comfortable with languages such as C#, C++, C or Rust.
- Good at communicating, you enjoy teaching and explaining things to other developers.
- Pragmatic, curious and not afraid of hard problems.
- Respectful of other people's skills and knowledge.