With a quickly growing team and platform, Challengermode is now looking for an experienced product manager who has shipped products and knows how to execute with limited resources. You've worked within the technology and software space on consumer-facing products and in cross-functional teams. Since product management is a job the inhabits the crossroads between the technical, business, marketing, and design worlds. You should have a strong foundation in at least one of those areas, and some experience in two or more.
As the owner of several products or features, you'll have the overall responsibility to make sure that the features you build are delivered in a timely manner with high quality, as well as to validate that they solve the intended problems for our users. Over time you will build your own team and could become the head of product, managing several products.
As a PM at Challengermode your main job is to:
- Maximize the value the product or feature creates.
- Lead new product initiatives and feature implementation.
- Prioritize ruthlessly: Say No more often than you say Yes.
- Facilitate the tech teams work from a product perspective.
Roadmapping and product backlog prioritization, e.g. "What to work on next?".
- Make sure everyone understands the why and the what.
- Track the tech teams output versus roadmap commitments.
Internal and external requirements gathering.
- Understanding, capturing and balancing different needs and priorities.
- Rigorous user research, qualitative and quantitative.
Designing, describing and specifying product requirements.
- Working in Jira and Confluence, tracking and documenting product features, quirks and user flows
- Build a deep familiarity with the product's capabilities, what it is and what it will be.
Validation of new solutions and features.
- Implement product and growth experiments to validate hypotheses.
- Set measurable product goals and track progress towards those goals.
Continuously improve and optimize the product development process.
- Manage and control work in progress. Focus on the most important thing(s).
- Estimation and planning, adjust time vs scope to hit deadlines.
Communicate and coordinate with all stakeholders.
- Expectation management towards internal and external stakeholders.
- Explain and educate stakeholders about the product, answer product questions from people outside the tech org.
Continuous quality-related work and maintenance
- Source, prioritize and track product bugs or defects.
- Source user feedback and set up quality measurements.
As a person, you are process-oriented and attentive to details. You thrive working with other smart and ambitious people. You’re a doer with a bias towards action. You have a product-first mindset and think about products in terms of the problems they can solve for users, rather than as a collection of features. You understand the difference between growth strategies and growth tactics. You’re a sucker for MVPs, measurable outcomes, and prefer to work in a data-driven manner.
- Strategic thinking: Help the team/company find and prioritize high potential ideas to work on.
- Sufficient technicals: Understand the problem space, able to work with tech teams, understand and work with data analytics.
- Collaboration: Emotional intelligence and conflict resolution skills to help the team work well together and achieve a high performing state.
- Communication: Great PMs ensure that all relevant stakeholders successfully understand what they need to know.
- Detail Orientation: Product Ownership, design-thinking, quality control and attention to details.
- User Science, research and empathy: Understand user needs and have empathy for users' problems. Familiarity with user research methods.
- 5+ years of product management experience from a tech company or startup.
- Solid understanding of modern (agile) software development.
- You can confidently gather product and user data to answer important questions about how the product is doing.
- You've built and shipped products, managing the product or feature lifecycle.
- You can create relevant business models based on an adequate understanding of market forces, user needs, and company priorities.
- Great command of written language. You can express yourself effortlessly through writing.
- You have experience with statistics and data analytics, can write SQL and read code.
- You have experience doing quantitative and qualitative user research to uncover and understand user needs and problems or to test new solutions.
- You have UI and design skills can use software like Photoshop.
- Relevant university degree in e.g. Computer Science, Design, Business Administration or Statistics.
- You love esports and gaming (!)
- High performance, skilled and goal-oriented colleagues
- A fun, friendly and inclusive work environment
- Hands-on, freedom-with-responsibility environment
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied responsibilities and tasks
- Competitive Salary
- Ownership in the company (after 6 months employment)
- Newly refurbished office located in central Stockholm
- Did we mention that playing computer games is part of the job?