We're looking for more developers! We are Min Doktor, a team of more than 70 people (about 25 developers) from various backgrounds and with a multitude of life experiences. We strongly believe that our diversity is a great asset for both the company and our patients. The opportunities to grow and learn from knowledgeable colleagues are many.
Our development team is made up of developers, designers, and testers. Some work with a small piece of the stack, and some works in the full stack. The roles of our people are dynamic and include aspects of engineering, product management, build, deployment and operational management and designing. At our core, we are a group of table tennis-loving individuals that work really hard to put people before processes and interactions over tools.
We provide all the perks that modern employers provide. Flexible working hours, possibility to work remotely, breakfast, after work, fun and games, pension, Macbook, phone etc. But what sets us apart, and what we really take pride in is that we work hard to maintain a working environment where everyone can perform at their best, and feel safe to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
What you will be doing
Min Doktor is a startup, so you'll likely get your hands dirty in a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you'll likely work on:
- Build components for our React Native apps or end-points for our Go-driven APIs.
- Be an ambassador for your passions, no matter if that is unit testing, agile processes or yoga.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create and maintain features in our applications.
- Play table-tennis. The most advanced code we've ever written is probably the one that powers our table-tennis league.
The candidate of our dreams
Below is a list of the knowledge and personality traits that we think could help you succeed as a developer at Min Doktor. We totally understand that not all of them will be a perfect match for you, so don't sweat it if it seems impossible to match our criteria. They really are just a list of things we hope for.
Anyway, here it is. We are looking for someone who enjoys …
- To learn. Honestly, this one is the only one that is non-negotiable. We're pretty convinced that if we can find the right person for our team, and that person is willing to learn, good things will happen.
- Take part in discussions and whiteboard sessions about how to make our product better, both in small steps and giant leaps.
- Getting stuff done and think independently about priorities and the bigger picture of what we are doing.
- Share knowledge with colleagues.
- Create and improve on existing documentation.
- Being active in making sure that our dev-ops, tooling, and processes are continuously improving.
- Building UI with attention to detail.
- Writing tests. ( Okay, we don't expect you to enjoy writing tests. But we're hoping that you tolerate it as part of your craft )
If you are experienced in one or more of the following that is something that will make us excited too. But again, remember that this is a fantasy list. Not even the people who already work here have experience with all of these.
- React Native (with Jest and Flow )
If you want to work full-stack and all-around, that's perfect! If you want to specialize more in one area, that's really great too! Your responsibilities will grow to match what you are good at and what you think is fun. Just as we try to employ an agile process when we develop our product, we want our people to be agile too. So if you feel like improving your skills in an area that is not currently your expertise, we applaud and encourage that!
Come join us!