Ever wanted to see how far you could go if you gave something everything you had? Ever felt like you were meant for something big? As Yepstr’s Head of Development you are at the helm of one of Sweden’s fastest growing startups and therefore your drive, the decisions you make and your ability to motivate others have a huge effect on our trajectory.
Simply put, it is your responsibility to take the product vision and translate it into reality - in the most effective way. This requires:
- Recruiting and coaching your team
- Optimizing delivery: breaking down complex features into understandable, deliverable work packages
- Test and release: finding the right balance between fast vs. good
- Making sound decisions: platform selection, development environment, guidelines and tools, release cycles, testing discipline and infrastructure
Running a startup into unexplored territory requires different skills and personalities compared to running a company that “already works”. We are therefore on the lookout for certain leadership qualities:
- To make intelligent decisions you engage people around you - sharing and asking others for opinions. If you get stuck we expect you to ask for help.
- More than anything you love building awesome products that people really use. You don’t love the code - you love how the code can change people’s lives.
- You are on the hunt for that one big challenge and you are prepared to put in the miles to succeed. Even if you are super-fast, having a real impact and really changing the world always takes time.
- You are a positive realist. Friends would say that you are the person who can see the obstacles ahead, and then go “Cool! Now let’s figure out how to get around them!” You are not the one who rushes ahead blindly (an optimist) nor are you the person who always finds a reason not to try at all (a pessimist).
As with all early-stage startups part of your time will be spent coding. Initially it can be as much as 80%. Therefore it is expected that you are experienced in different web technologies and can choose the right tool, programming language or library required for the job. You know how to make a "correct" solution, but can also pull together a quick-n-dirty version when that's required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a developer (preferably "coded since I was a kid")
- Minimum of 1 year experience from early-stage startup / private projects
- Full Stack web development experience
- React Native experience
- Leadership experience
- App- development for iOS/Android
What we offer:
Joining at this early stage means that you are offered a very attractive options program – in another dimension compared to other startups. Depending on your experience and the amount of options you choose, we offer a salary of between 30.000 to 35.000 sek.
You are, and will be treated as, an owner of Yepstr from Day 1. Complete freedom - work whenever and wherever you are the most productive. We honestly don’t care. As long as you take care of our company as well as we do.
Furthermore, we can guarantee that you will work with some of the smartest, most ambitious people in the startup sector in Sweden. We are all focused on the same goal – making Yepstr the best thing that’s come out of Sweden since flatpacked furniture and fish roe in a tube (Kaviar). To find out a bit more about us visit https://www.yepstr.com/files/en_ledig_stol.pdf (sorry - Swedish!)
Or check out a brief video here explaining a bit more about what we’re building: https://www.yepstr.com/ungdomar/jag-vill-jobba
SALARY: Base salary with ownership, and potential for rapid salary increase
CONTACT: Founder and CEO Jacob at email: email@example.com
Feel that this might be you? Send Jacob your application and a link to your Github profile! We look forward to getting to know you.